narutards SPP club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies (any kind)

3 posters

Go down

Movies (any kind) Empty Movies (any kind)

Post  Gamakichi Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:02 pm

What's your fav movie EVER? And why? Tell us if you saw anything lately and which one?

I can start. I saw last night a movie called "nick of time" with Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken. The storyline revolves around some guys wanting to kill the Governor of California. Can't tell any more or I would spoil the movie xD.... And I just don't like that hehe Very Happy.

My fav movie ever, would be the Star Wars original trilogy. And the late released prequel trilogy didn't made me a happy man lol. Just liked the 3rd movie of it - Revenge of the Sith (yey Palpatine kicks arse).

I've watched Star Wars - A new hope, at a very young age. It really left me something. Later I've seen the remaining episodes and that struggle between light and darkside just told me something. It means a lot to me but it's kinda complicated to explain through words. It's just something that feels right Very Happy. Lucas, it's all yer fault hahaha.
Gamakichi
Gamakichi
Admin

https://sppnarutardsclub.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Movies (any kind) Empty Re: Movies (any kind)

Post  doesnt matter Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:55 pm

Oooh Nick of Time is a most excellent movie..any with Depp is usually awesome.
Well my fave of all time is a tie between Goodfellas and Snatch. Others that I love are: Braveheart, Freeway ( twisted and off the wall flick with a VERY out of character Reese Witherspoon affraid , Event Horizon, Trainspotting, any old classic horror flicks (the Omen series, Rosemary's Baby, etc..) and Fight Club.

Sorry I put so many Gamakichi..I have a lot of favorites. Very Happy

doesnt matter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamakichi Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:30 pm

Since you've started, I'll finish lol. Besides the ones I've stated before I love Event Horizont too. Stephen King's movies (and books but that's another topic xD), Omen series, fight club and snatch too are a must. French movies with Jean Reno are the best, and also brit movies. Carpenter movies kicks arse (except for some more recent), Cameron likewise... uuuuhhh I could be here all night typing... but I won't lolol. You get the picture.
Gamakichi
Gamakichi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  doesnt matter Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:52 am

Hope you don't mind me replying again Gamakichi...but I just appreciate someone with good taste in movies! Stephen King's books are always MUCH better than the movies. But I do love the film adaptations of his books a lot. And again agree with you on Carpenter and Cameron's flicks as well. I've seen Jean Reno in movies, but never seen any French movies..which would you recommend? Question LOL~dont get me started on Brit movies. My list would never ever end....

doesnt matter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamakichi Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't mind at all. That's the point of this joint haha to discuss.

Well, from Jean Reno you have L'enquete corse (which is pretty much hard to find), Wasabi, Les rivières pourpres 1 and 2 (being 2 called L'anges de l'apocalypse as subtitle) and that's what I remember from head Razz
Gamakichi
Gamakichi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  doesnt matter Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Well I'll have to see if I can find any of those since you recommend them!! Smile

doesnt matter

Back to top Go down

Movies (any kind) Empty Fav movie(s)

Post  Flick101 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Having just seen Avatar I have to say that it is the MOST visually stunning movie I have ever seen!
*Best for book adaptation: Lord Of The Rings, of coarse. The Potter films are awesome too. Some would say "IT", it's good as well.
*Best for Video Game adaptation: Hitman
*Best Reboot: Star Trek
*And a good cartoon to live action adaptation I'm waiting to see...The Last Airbender, from the Nick. series "Avatar:The Last Airbender".
*Movie that scared the living HELL out of me: Paranormal Activity, hands down.
*Best Anime feature film (in my opinion): Ghost In The Shell. Close second: Akira and then Princess Mononoke.
*Best Director: James Cameron
Smile
Flick101
Flick101

Back to top Go down

Post  Flick101 Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Saw "Clash of the Titans" yesterday. Totally awesome BTW! A few references to the original were worked in to the movie.
Sam Worthington as Persius did a good job. Just realized he's been in two of my fave 3-D movies so far...
Flick101
Flick101

Back to top Go down

Post  doesnt matter Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:13 pm

Flick101 wrote:Saw "Clash of the Titans" yesterday. Totally awesome BTW! A few references to the original were worked in to the movie.
Sam Worthington as Persius did a good job. Just realized he's been in two of my fave 3-D movies so far...

Cool, I will definitely have to see it! What a Face

doesnt matter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down