narutards SPP club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Language School

3 posters

Go down

Language School Empty Language School

Post  Jus' Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Hey everyone, I had a suggestion to create a thread for people who want to learn different languages or can share their knowledge with others.
If you can teach others a different language or can share some links or suggestions, feel free to post!
Jus'
Jus'

Back to top Go down

Language School Empty Re: Language School

Post  Jus' Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Let me know ppl what language tutorial would you like to see first? cat
Jus'
Jus'

Back to top Go down

Post  Debbie P Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:38 am

Jus' wrote:Hey everyone, I had a suggestion to create a thread for people who want to learn different languages or can share their knowledge with others.
If you can teach others a different language or can share some links or suggestions, feel free to post!

http://www.freetranslation.com/ is a great website I use if I need to translate to English. There are many languages on there. Maybe it will come in useful?

I only speak English, but am interested in seeing what's being said Very Happy I have a blind daughter, so I do read braille. Funny fact: One of the Pokemon gameboy advanced games had a "code" that needed to be cracked, and it was the word "braille" written in 1st grade braille.

There are 3 grades of braille: 1st grade braille is each word spelled out. 2nd grade braille is abbreviated words. 3rd grade braille is scientific equations (I don't know this grade). There is also braille sheet music which my daughter knows somewhat. She is a musician (keyboard, guitar & backup singer).

Quick braille lesson:

.. <<<is how the braille grid looks (3 rows of 2 columns). Blind children start learning braille around age 4 with 1/2 dozen egg cartons
.. and ping pong balls.

McDonald's drink covers have both grade 1 & 2 braille on them. The word "diet" is in 1st grade braille (d-i-e-t) and the word "other" is in 2nd grade braille (o-the-r; "the" is the contraction in the middle of the o & r).

Numbers are the letters A - J for the numbers 1 - 0, with a number sign in front of the letter. so 1 is number sign A, 2 is number sign B, etc.

I know this is somewhat off-topic, but may benefit someone sometime.
Debbie P
Debbie P

Back to top Go down

Post  Jus' Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:59 am

Debbie P wrote: Funny fact: One of the Pokemon gameboy advanced games had a "code" that needed to be cracked, and it was the word "braille" written in 1st grade braille.

I know, I played that one XD Took me some time to realize it was braille lol It was quite fun though... still not sure why they decided to use braille in this Pokemon game... in the end it's a good 'quiz' I guess
Jus'
Jus'

Back to top Go down

Post  Nani Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:46 pm

So, I like this topic.^^
And if someone wants to, I could teach him german. lol!
Nani
Nani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down