narutards SPP club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you like to read?

+2
doesnt matter
Gamakichi
6 posters

Go down

Do you like to read? Empty Do you like to read?

Post  Gamakichi Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Well, this is the place to talk about it. Tell us about your fav writer or what kind of books do you like to read Very Happy.
Gamakichi
Gamakichi
Admin

https://sppnarutardsclub.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Do you like to read? Empty Re: Do you like to read?

Post  doesnt matter Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Yes yes yes..I loooove I love you to read when I find the time to. I read true crime bios/novels. Mostly on serial killers...I'm warped and twisted Twisted Evil ..but I admit it. lol. I've read up on the Night Stalker, Gacey, Dahmer and a lot of the less infamous as well.

Also..probably goes without saying...I read magna a lot too...Naruto of course, some Death Note and Junjou Romantica Embarassed .

doesnt matter

Back to top Go down

Post  doesnt matter Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Gamakichi wrote:Well, this is the place to talk about it. Tell us about your fav writer or what kind of books do you like to read Very Happy.

..and what about you? what do you like to read Gamakichi?

doesnt matter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamakichi Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:58 am

Well, I read several styles whenever I get time. I like Anne Rice novels. Stephen King Very Happy.. Well these are the horror/fantastic kind. I also like Historical romance. I don't know if you call it like that. It's when you have historic facts with some made up characters and stuff.. Some poetry from William Blatty and Yeats.

Some psichology books but not much. I also find fascinating the mind of a serial killer. It's quite elaborate.
Gamakichi
Gamakichi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  doesnt matter Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 am

[yes I like King novels too Gamakichi. Forgot to mention that. I do go outside of my non~fiction world sometimes...Haven't read Rice though. Probably should.

And I love reading about serial killers. I'm no psychiatrist by any means..but the majority of them I've read all have the same pattern. They aren't born that way, but rather made that way from childhood. It does fascinate me to read up on why they do what they do.

doesnt matter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamakichi Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:40 pm

[quote=Gamakichi].. Some poetry from William Blatty and Yeats.[/quote]

I meant Lord Byron and not Blatty.... Blatty wrote Legion (among others) and it's not poetry...
Gamakichi
Gamakichi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  doesnt matter Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:54 pm

Oh Lord Byron is wonderful..I hadn't read him in a while. Never been big on poetry, but if it captures my interests..I enjoy it. Thanks for reminding me to venture out of my world here once in a while! queen

doesnt matter

Back to top Go down

Post  Jus' Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:43 pm

I really like to read! I used to read a lot but now I guess I don't have enough time or just most of the time I find smth else to do instead. I don't really have a fav book or author..... em... and I'm not really sure what style or literature gender I prefer..... lol .... I just like a good book! XD I will read anything that has a good plot and story line, smth that's exiting, clever written and has a diversity of characters and emotions in it. And I always like stuff that makes you think about stuff. lol I know it sound retarded but yeah! XD

santa santa (lol just wanted to use this emoticon)
Jus'
Jus'

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamakichi Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:04 am

I don't think it's retarded. You seek knowledge and useful info. So IMO, that's pretty mature. alien alien (just wanted to use these xD)
Gamakichi
Gamakichi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do you like to read? Empty Read

Post  Debbie P Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:58 am

Yes but I haven't read in awhile. Between work, family, etc. it's hard to settle in with a good book. I've read most of Stephen King's books--my fave was the Dark Tower series, also Dean Koontz, Anne Rice loved her Lestat series. I've also read some James Patterson. Last set of books I've read were Maximum Ride ones by Patterson. They're junior adult but nearly everyone in my family (ages 10-84) have read the six books out so far & all have loved them. I also like sci-fi and medieval fantasy. Also read Ken Follett and Mary Stewart's Merlin books (The Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills) to name a few. Also being a Christian I do read the Bible and have read some fiction Christian books too. I'd love to read more just wish I had more time.
Debbie P
Debbie P

Back to top Go down

Post  Jus' Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:23 am

I was told by several of my friends that Maximum Ride Series are really good. I'm hoping to read them in the near future as well XD
Jus'
Jus'

Back to top Go down

Post  Debbie P Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:02 pm

jusnoneko wrote:I was told by several of my friends that Maximum Ride Series are really good. I'm hoping to read them in the near future as well XD

If you like quick reads you won't be disappointed in the Max Ride series. Someone once told me possibly anime? But don't quote me on the anime...I did however see a manga copy of the first book (The Angel Experiment) at Borders. So I sat with a cup of tea & skimmed through it. That was pretty interesting. Nice to see the pics but I recommend the books because if you like to read it's so much nicer to imagine the characters and scenery as you think they should appear. The pics weren't bad at all though.
Debbie P
Debbie P

Back to top Go down

Post  Jus' Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:57 pm

Debbie P wrote:
jusnoneko wrote:I was told by several of my friends that Maximum Ride Series are really good. I'm hoping to read them in the near future as well XD

If you like quick reads you won't be disappointed in the Max Ride series. Someone once told me possibly anime? But don't quote me on the anime...I did however see a manga copy of the first book (The Angel Experiment) at Borders. So I sat with a cup of tea & skimmed through it. That was pretty interesting. Nice to see the pics but I recommend the books because if you like to read it's so much nicer to imagine the characters and scenery as you think they should appear. The pics weren't bad at all though.
Alright, I'll check it out! XD
Jus'
Jus'

Back to top Go down

Do you like to read? Empty My choice of reading

Post  Flick101 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm primarily a Sci-fi, Fantasy, Gothic and Urban horror/thriller reader. And, of coarse, I'm not above reading a good graphic novel as well. Twisted Evil
Flick101
Flick101

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye_Uzumaki Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:18 am

I absolutely love to read!!! I have tons of books. xD
I mainly read fiction. Books about vampires (and yes, I have read the Twilight books... i love them. ♥️) and magic/witchcraft books.
I also love reading biology textbooks. I find it all very interesting. Some of my classmates find it boring... I don't think I would trust
them with my life if they became physicians or nurses. pale
And of course i read manga. I usually read whatever my sister recommends. She's the one that got me hooked on Naruto. xD
So if any of you have any recommendations. I'd love to hear them. I usually read a lot of different manga series at the same time
because I hate having to wait for new chapters with the ongoing manga series i read. i guess i'm too impatient! :DD
Skye_Uzumaki
Skye_Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Do you like to read? Empty To Skye: Reading...

Post  Flick101 Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:29 am

I mostly like Sci-Fi and Techno-thriller or horror.
There was this one series that I think you might really like.
It's an urban fantasy series of books by Phaedra Weldon.
The books are titled "Wraith", "Spectre" and "Phantasm".
The main character is an investigator who uses the paranormal state of astral projection to solve her cases.
Though, the books are heavy in occultic reference.
Overall, a very good series. And I don't think it's done yet.
Very Happy
Flick101
Flick101

Back to top Go down

Do you like to read? Empty To Flick:

Post  Skye_Uzumaki Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:39 am

Thanks for the recommendation. ^_^
I will look them up next time i go to the bookstore.
Skye_Uzumaki
Skye_Uzumaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Gamakichi Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Thx for the suggestions Very Happy!! I'll look them up Wink
Gamakichi
Gamakichi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum